In effect from 04:10 AM on Wednesday until 07:00 AM on Thursday.
...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 7 am EST Thursday...
* locations...the Boston to Providence corridor.
* Hazard types...snow and sleet.
* Accumulations...a slushy snow accumulation an inch or two possible.
* Timing...rain heavy times this afternoon will change to a period of snow and sleet this evening. Heaviest precipitation occurs between 1 PM and 8 PM.
* Impacts...this storm will significantly impact Holiday travel making driving dangerous at times. Visibilities in heavy snow expected to be significantly reduced to one quarter mile or less at times.
* Uncertainty...high uncertainty on snowfall accumulations given a wintry mix of rain...snow and sleet.
A Winter Weather Advisory is issued when snow and/or ice is forecast to develop in the affected areas...but accumulations are expected to be light. Any snow or ice would result in slippery conditions on untreated roadways and sidewalks. When temperatures are below freezing...motorists need to be especially careful on bridges and overpasses where slippery spots can easily develop.
For the latest updates...please visit our webpage at www.Weather.Gov/Boston
You can follow US on facebook at www.Facebook.Com/nwsboston